Unlocking "locked" laptop keyboard.
My daughter let our special needs son play on her laptop... he locked up the keyboard in minutes. Only clicks.. no typing, no control keys, no function keys. I had to use the on screen keyboard to even log into the system.
Here's the fix... CTRL + ALT + G + R + DEL
It's unlocked it!!!
CTRL key "locked" on
I've had this happen to me a couple of times now with my new Lenovo ThinkPad. I just got it to turn off by clicking the Fn and Ctrl button at the same time. (Could have something to do with the Ctrl button and Fn button having their locations switched on the keyboard, never had this problem with any other computer.)
MS Word embedded images
Have you ever been given a word document that you needed to pull images from?
Here's a quick way of pulling all the images out of a Word document at one time.
- Make sure you can view the extensions of your files (i.e. doc, docx). If you can't turn this on in the windows explorer under Tools / Folder Options Click on the View Tab and make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked. Click Apply and look at your files to confirm the extensions are visible.
- Right click the file you need to extract the images from and select Rename.
- Change the DOC or DOCX to ZIP
- Press enter. A warning will pop up asking if you want to change the type... click YES.
- Right click the new ZIP file. Select "Open With" / "Compressed (Zipped) Folders"
- Click on Word / Media and you will file all the images uses in the Word document.
Return to Main Page.